Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Summer Meme

(thanks for the tag, Diane!)

1.) What first tells you that summer is here?
Even after 10 years in the PNW, we are still all Norman Vincent Peale about the weather. Once it gets warm and sunny, we expect it to every day and every way to keep getting better and better. Alas, that is not how it works here. Weather is pretty unpredictable, but there are more blustery days than not, until mid June at least.

2.) Name five of your favorite distinctively summer habits or customs.
Eating outside, wearing pretty clothes and sandals, walking around at 6 am or 9 pm and having it be light out, wading in water, bike rides with E.

3.) What is your favorite smell of summer?
New mown grass. Double favorite if I've done the mowing and can feel smugly hard working at the same time.

4.) What is your favorite taste of summer?
Hmm, summer fruit, I think. Extra yummy with good vanilla ice cream.

5.) Favorite summer memory?
The first thing that comes to mind is sleeping in a tent, which is odd because I dont consider myself much of a camper now. But at one time, (maybe when someone else took care of all the logistics) I think did enjoy it more.

6.) Extreme heat or extreme cold? Which would you choose and why?
Yikes. Are these the only two choices? Neither, please.

7.) What books do you plan to read for the season?
Well, for work I'm looking for a few good books on the psalms for a sermon series I'm planning for August. For fun, well, I guess dont know yet. Any suggestions?

8.) How does the summer affect your faith? Is it a hindrance?
Any time that I feel rested and cheerful and in love with God's creation, that has to be good for faith, doesnt it?

Feel free to tag yourself and let me know in the comments if you play.

1 comment:

Diane M. Roth said...

sleeping in a tent, eh? Yeah, I liked it better when someone else put up the tent, too. :)

great play! I see you are reading Jesus for President. I'd sure like to know what you think.