Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Year In Review

As seen at Inner Dorothy and elsewhere, the game is to take the first line of the first post for every month. So I did it, and if I spread it out and divided it by month, it revealed juniper as one of those stultifying bloggers who pretty much blogs about blogging. Crap. However. If, instead, you read them as one big paragraph, it's kind of ok. And it least it goes faster. For your reading pleasure: 2006 In A Paragraph of Nonsense.

Aren't you already kind of bored of New Year's News - the recaps, the promises for the future, the resolutions - and ready for nostalgia about Christmas? I'm so grumpy. Do you wear a cross? Miracle - My family can't stop watching this since we checked it out from the library a couple weeks ago. Our denominational conference annual meeting coincides this year with the Cinco de Mayo celebration here in Yakima. Memo To: Juniper From: Blog Subject: Abandonment issues. Where were you 10 years ago? I think I've been just a little too attentive to Beauty Tips for Ministers. When we got this dog (Hank, his pound name, has stuck) a month or so ago, my mom expressed surprise. "I just never thought of you as a dog person," were, I'm pretty sure, her exact words. Friends. Here's today's Ordinary Time devotion, (edited very slightly to get rid of some little stuff that's always bugged me about this piece.) I haven't blogged in so long that I've kind of forgotten how.

No comments: