Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Get behind me, Santa

There's a slight chance that this whole no-Santa thing at our house isn't really working out like we planned. While we didn't talk about Santa, we hung stockings for small gifts. Although Eli saw us put presents in the stockings for each other on Christmas Eve, his remained empty all day (since his stocking presents were big and would stick out). Alas, we did not try to develop an alternate mythology around them.

Christmas Eve Night:

Mommy: "OK, time to go to sleep. And when you wake up, your stocking will have presents in it!"

Child: "I'm so excited! Tonight while I'm sleeping, The Guys will come into my house and put toys in my stocking!"

The Guys. I'm thinking now that he has either a squad of mobsters or a basketball team or a bunch of aging barflies as his Santa substitutes. Sigh.

No comments: