Friday, August 10, 2007

Coming up for air

Heading into the second week of vacation and visits with family and friends.

20th high school reunion was way cooler than I thought it would be. We seem to have all turned out.

Rochester, Minnesota. Wow, it sure is hot.

Five days, one more paper signing, and approximately 657 phone calls later (including one from The World's Hardest Working Realtor that said, "The plane containing your papers has had difficulty, was rerouted and ultimately grounded. I am calling to say that your papers were moved to another plane and are in the air. I repeat: Your papers are in the air.") we seem to now actually own a house.

RE nieces you only see once a year: The difference between 13 and 14 is astonishing.

Vacation reading: Grace Eventually (AL is hilarious again. And still so smart and real.), The Elephant in the Boardroom: Speaking the Unspoken About Pastoral Transitions (This had some good ideas. I skipped the parts that didnt seem to apply to me. Which made me wonder if maybe I could have just read an article instead of a whole book.), Murder on the Orient Express (Worth re-reading, even though you know the ending, you spoiler-haters), Cant Wait to Get to Heaven (Read about 50 pages, left it on mom's porch, 1300 miles from the library where it is due back sometime.) and Harry Potter (Now on page 112! This really IS the best one! Even though I know what happens! Hey, what am I doing on the computer? I could be reading right now!)

No comments: