Monday, July 23, 2007

yesterday and today

I havent really been keeping track, but I'm pretty sure that I've had more than 753 feelings in the last 24 hours. It's too much. I'm having that problem of not knowing what to write about. I keep starting sentences and then erasing them.

Well. Let's begin here. A (10.5 pound!) baby was born on Sunday morning to a dear friend after a long and hard labor. And the child born on Sabbath day is bonny and blythe and good and gay. Both mama and baby fine and cuddly. Holding a newborn baby is so sweet, isnt it?

Yes, that's enough to put out into the world tonight. I will leave the rest of the rat's nest of emotions to untangle themselves overnight, and for now I'll give thanks for a mellow new baby with a red, wrinkly head and an honest-to-gosh dimple in his little cheek and crazy-long fingers and toes.

No comments: