Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Five - weather

From Sally over at RevGals:

1. Have you experienced living through an extreme weather event- what was it and how did you cope?
First answer: No.
Second Answer: Unless you count one of my first memories. Which is standing on the porch of my parent's dorm/apartment building with them and watching the sky turn green while a tornado passed nearby. Since I was like 4, I dont remember anything else about that time, only feeling very small. Which is maybe what big weather does to anyone.
Third Answer: When I first moved to Seattle I used to try this tell story about a protest we had at the Federal Building in Minneapolis during the first gulf war, but I could never get past the first line "It was about 10 below, you know, so we were wearing...." without getting stopped for a few minutes of incredulity. So I guess extreme is maybe a matter of perspective.

2. How important is it that we wake up to issues such as global warming?
One answer. Extremely imperative.

3. The Christian message needs to include stewardship of the earths resources agree/ disagree?
Agree. The best sermon I've heard lately about global warming had a "Hope above all. If we fall into despair then we've already lost" kind of message.

And because it is summer- on a brighter note....

4. What is your favourite season and why?
Fall, fall, FALL! Maybe because I love school so much. (cou-geek-gh) And I got married in October. And is it trite to say "the leaves"?

5. Describe your perfect vacation weather....
Sunny. Not too hot. A little breezy. And early every morning, a gentle, little rainfall.
Although 90 degree F and 90% humidity (vacation in Minnesota right around the corner!) can also have its own weird charms after a cool PNW July.

No comments: