Friday, July 21, 2006

I heart the Rev Gals - A Friday Five

1) What is your first memory of the RevGalBlogPals?
Hmm, not sure. But I know that it was Sue who brought me here...

2) Have you met any of the other ring members in real life?
Kirstin's working my neighborhood for the summer, so we've hung out (And she stayed at my house for a while, too!).

3) Of those you haven't met, name a few you would love to know in person.
Songbird, Will Smama, Inner Dorothy (hey Sue - I'm gonna be in Duluth August - do you ever get down that way?), Pink Shoes, Bad Alice, Amy at Talk with the Preacher, well all of you really...

4) What has Ring Membership added to your life?
Lots of laugher, advice (what kind of dog to get? what to preach about next week? - it's all here), lots of new book ideas (including at least 3000 pages of George RR Martin), recipes (still havent tried that purple chicken, rev mommy, but it's in my box for sometime...), a reason to blog and a sense that someone out there might actually read what I'm writing, realization that women all over the world struggle and rejoice about the same things as me, prayers, a virtual (and real) experience of community.


5) Describe a hope for the future of the WebRing.
Let's have a virtual retreat!
(For peole like me who still have continuing ed time, but, alas have spent all their money) My idea so far:

We'd pick 2-3 days for the retreat, say in October.
Pick a wide theme like Discernment, or Renewal, or Redemption, or others??
During those 2-3 days, we'd commit to clear our calendars and read, pray and blog intensively and exclusively on the theme - maybe on a blog set up just for the retreat?
You dont have to be a Rev or a Gal, natch, to throw your hat in.

Comments please!

No comments: