Sunday, March 19, 2006

Your True Fortune Foretold Using the Shuffle Feature of iTunes!

A new blog thing, found via the RevGals at yodabeth. And it's a cool one. I took out "will I have children someday?" 'cause, well, obviously. Other than that, it's intact.

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you?
Nowhere Man (Beatles) I am not making this up

Will I have a happy life?
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, part 1 (Flaming Lips) Huh?

What do my friends really think of me?
I Had An Old Coat (Sally Rogers and Claudia Schmidt) But they mean it in a good way.

Do people secretly lust after me?
Experimental Music Love (The Magnetic Fields) I guess that would be a yes.

How can I make myself happy?
Concerto Per Mandolino, Archi E Cembalo: In C Major RV 425 (Vivaldi) Typical. The true secret to happiness and it's in a language I don't even know.

What should I do with my life?
What Are They Doing in Heaven Today? (Bernice Johnson Reagan and Co.) I have no response to that.

What is some good advice for me?
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star (Toddler Favorites) And I suppose THIS is supposed to be some big metaphor for my life or something. BTW, Have I mentioned our project to burn every single solitary CD that darkens our door into iTunes?

How will I be remembered?
Squeeze Box (The Who) Now that's just plain nasty.

What is my signature dancing song?
"Summer" From the Four Seasons (Vivaldi) I'm really not this much of a Vivaldi nut. I guess that's what they mean by "random shuffle." Sigh.

What do I think my current theme song is?
See See Rider (Sweet Honey in the Rock) I AM, however, really this much of a Sweet Honey nut. Ha! "Sweet Honey Nut" that sounds like a new cereal or something. Now, aren't you glad you kept reading this whole thing, so you could get to the really funny stuff?

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
I'm Gonna Be or 500 Miles (The Proclaimers) And I really am sure that they mean that in a good way. Not in scary, stalker kind of way. Really.

What song will play at my funeral?
Victory Is Mine (The Apostle Soundtrack) Oh, YEAH! Won't it be great if right at the end, my theology suddenly gets all triumphalist? It could happen, I guess.

What type of men/women do you like?
Keep on the Sunny Side (O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack) Manifestly not true. In fact, when it comes to partners, I'd say the darker, the better - personality-wise. And I definately mean that in a good way

What is my day going to be like?
It is Well (Acapella) Aw. Now I'm all choked up.

No comments: