Monday, March 06, 2006

Cross meme



Do you wear a cross?
Yes.

Is there a particular time or place that you consider wearing a cross?
I always have it on.

Where do you were it?
On a chain around my neck. Outside, if it's that kind of shirt.

What does the cross look like?
You can see it in the picture. Only mine is silver instead of gold.

Who gave the cross to you or did you choose it?
A good friend gave it to me when I graduated from seminary. She's a great present giver and she got a lot of other people in on it - her mom and my husband and her sister. It's from Tiffany, so I wouldnt have chosen it for myself - I would have thought it would seem too much like bling for a cross since it came from there. But now that I have it, I really love it.

Is this your favorite cross, if so, why?
I love the simplicity and lightness and openness of it.

What does wearing a cross mean to you?
This could be a very long answer, but I'm going to make it a short-ish one if I can. I want to remember Christ, who, I believe, did not come here to die but to live. And it was the way he lived that meant he had to die. It reminds me of my constant prayer - help me live as true follower of Christ, as much as possible.

No comments: