Monday, September 13, 2004

Working Mother

Well, I started a new job today.

Which is kind of great, but the distractions are many. Elijah was down the hall it the nursery and I kept sneaking peaks through the little square window until he caught me. Then he wailed so I went in for a little snuggle. He actually did way better than I thought I would but this nursery is not gonna work out - in the hierarchy of childcare, it's sort of on the low-ish end. Drop-in care. So no lunch, no outside time, no real structure, different kids every time, and only 8 hours a week. Which is not really gonna work.

So now I'm trying to decide if I should:
1. Wait until the end of the week to see if a great house daycare we've heard of will work out. OR
2. Start right away looking for something else tomorrow.

See, if I wasnt working, I'd have lots of time for this decision making, but since I am working which is why I have to make this decision, my time must be spent thinking about other thing than this decision that I have to make because I'm working.

I remembered that question I always have about how working people get anything else DONE as I was trying to do a load of laundry and take out the recycling between bites of pizza.

No comments: