Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Blogging about blogging

Jeff used to work with this guy named Bob who wanted to start a blog. Every day he'd walk home from work and think of great things to write about, but when he got home he could never get around to it. "I already thought it," he'd say later, "why blog it?"

Tonight we had a hilarious conversation about the nature of suffering, sermon writing and housework. Really, J and I were totally cracking up from how funny we were. But when I went to blog about it, it didnt, you know, translate on the written page. There was something very not funny about it once it was written down.

We already said it, I guess. Why blog it?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

:-)

jo(e) said...

That happens to me all the time.

Sue said...

Yes, some things just don't blog because all of the subtleties go missing.

On the other hand, sometimes the most ordinary parts of my day kind of "expand" and become special once they are written down.