...only to the rest of you working on your weight loss new years resolution.
Two weeks into weight watchers I:
1. Have lost four pounds. Not a tremendous acheivement but considering the alternative (gaining four pounds, I mean), not as bad as it could be.
2. Do find myself wondering if news of The Obesity Epidemic is a bit blown out of proportion (so hard not to make a fat joke here....) and perhaps a distraction from other social problems. However, my bent toward being sort of counter-cultural is helping me want to really lose weight, I am sure. "I dont want to be overweight if everyone ELSE is doing it!"
4. Still do not believe that artificial sweetener is better for you than maple syrup.
3. Am surprised that I dont hate the meetings more. I have been on WW two other times, both on-line because I thought if had time to go to a meeting I should just exercise during that time. I sort of like them, though. I try to think of the inspiring little speeches as sermon lessons, so I take mental notes about what would or would not work in the pulpit. And, when someone else is recording your weight and putting it in a little book, it does kind of make you want to work harder for it.
4. Have the same problem with this that I've had the last couple times, which is that (counter-intuitively) I am eating. all. the. time. For one thing, healthy food takes a lot longer to eat than junk food (eat a hamburger. go. now eat a salad. go. see what I mean?). For another thing, I'm trying to eat until I'm full-not-stuffed, which means I eat these little bird-like portions and am satisfied for the moment, but then I'm hungry again 2 hours later. It's very annoying, but I'm trusting this part will get easier. It just HAS to.
5. Would like to exercise more, but I did earn 4 exercise points cleaning out the garage. Which is an awesome way to (suddenly cant remember the pacifist way to say this, so forgive the unnecessary bloodletting of the metaphor) kill two birds with one stone. I promptly ate them in Midel Ginger Snaps, which I'm not sure is the point.
6. hope I dont turn into into the kind of gal who talks about losing weight all the time. But really, now that our house renovation is done and that topic is exhausted, what can you expect?