Monday, May 21, 2007

Seven Things About Me Meme - The Stream of Consciousness Edition

Thanks for the tag, Christine! This is 7 things you might not know about me.
I'm supposed to tag 7 other people, but I'll just say if you want to play, feel free to let me know in the comments. I would really love to read 7 things about YOU!

1. I didn't feel an emotion I could describe as anger until I was 30 years old. Have I told you about that day already? I thought I was sick - the flushed face, the upset stomach - until someone gave me a name for my collection of symptoms.

2. After that, I was angry for about 6 years.

3. It felt pretty good, but I think it was a little hard on the people around me. Now I'm enjoying having some other feelings, too.

4. Just so you dont think I'm hopelessly intense: We've had visitors from our Korean sister church visiting, so it's been very busy with the driving and the eating and the sightseeing and the eating and the worship and the conversations and the eating. And did I mention the eating? My favorite statement of the week: "We love to see your Hyundai, Jennifer. When we ride in your car, we feel intimacy with you."
I've been giggling about it for days.

5. I feel instantly at home in a library - any kind.

6. And speaking of home, I cannot decide if it's coincidence or a God Ordained Event that I've just learned that my 20th high school class reunion will be the same weekend that I already have plane tickets to visit my hometown this summer. Part of me wants to cry and then eat nothing but grapefruit for the next three months. But on the other hand, I'm kind of curious. I wonder if the super cool smart outsiders who would never go to a thing like that are going to be there.
Wendy Olson, I'm talking to you.

7. And speaking of cool, smart people that I've lost touch with - if anyone knows Laura Stolle Schmidt, can you ask her to email me? I've really been wondering about her lately. Also, I've been wondering lately about whatever happened to Mindy Lemons, who married some guy (maybe named Erik? Stone? was that it?) and went to Princeton so he could go to seminary. And of course, any time I could have a Katie Lawson sighting I would just be really happy about that.

(Edited to add: Hey, I should have googled before I wrote this. Turns out Laura is pretty easy to find. Hey Laura! Can we come visit you and the dogs and the cats and chickens this summer? Will you still hang out with me now that I'm kind of a suburban housewife? Katie's got some stuff out there, although the trail pretty much stops in 2005, which is like the paleolithic in internet time. But Mindy has totally dodged the World Wide Web as far as I can tell...)

No comments: