Sunday, January 22, 2006

Living in a Super Bowl city

Let me just say right up front that I don't care even a little bit about organized sports in general. I was briefly into baseball back in the 80's when the Twins were kind of great, but after Kirby Puckett retired I just couldnt seem to care about it any more. So when one of my parishioners asked for a prayer today during prayer sharing time that the Seahawks would win today, I just gaped at him like a fish out of water and blurted out, "Oh, I don't think so" which made everyone laugh, me included. And the more I tried to say something, the more I couldn't think of anything to say and the more everyone laughed until I asked for a prayer for "all teams that God loves," or something ridiculous like that.

Afterwards, another woman told me that she saw some nuns on TV who admitted that they pray that the Seahawks will win and if "they" can do it, so could we.

Well, evidently, my inability to pray for it did not affect the outcome. Who knows? Maybe this will turn the tide and I will now become a football fan.

But I wouldn't count on it.

No comments: