1. What modern convenience/invention could you absolutely, positively not live
Well, we are grateful everyday for those three-wheel electric wheelchairs, without which we wouldn't have any kind of life.
2. What modern convenience/invention do you wish had never seen the light of day? Why?
Leaf blower. No question. So noisy. So pointless.
I also mostly dont see the point to cell phones either, although I use mine all the time.
3. Do you own a music-playing device older than a CD player? More than one? If
so, do you use it (them)?
I have a TAPE PLAYER in my car, although it is actually kind of a new car. I like to listen to my old Kate Wolf tape in there, but the last time I listened to it, it was sounding kind of wobbly. So now, I'm saving it only for when I drive through the mountains. Kate Wolf is the BEST music to which to drive through moutains.
E and I love to listen to books on tape, too. Lately, we're all about Freddy The Pig. If you havent heard of the Freddy books (which I had not until I picked up Freddy Goes to Florida at random since we had just gone there and I thought it would be fun for E), I can so totally recommend them. They are hilarious without being snarky, interesting without being terrifying, of-their-time without being dated.
4. Do you find the rapid change in our world exciting, scary, a mix...or something
5. What did our forebears have that we have lost and you'd like to regain?
I have a food mill, which I dust off from time to time to make applesauce with. It's really very handy and makes awesome applesauce. I feel in touch with the grandmothers every time I use it, that's for sure.