Saturday, September 23, 2006

Boo boos

Friday Five as per the Rev Gals

1) Are you a baby about small injuries? I'll let you be the judge of the that.

2) What's the silliest way you have ever hurt yourself? I'm SO GLAD YOU ASKED. I just burned the tip off my finger with a hot melt glue gun earlier this week and it was real ouchy.

But the silliest and longest term way I ever hurt myself was by trying to keep up with the rest of the student workers (all boys) in my college work study job which was in the theater scene shop. I lifted a couple dozen too many wooden platforms that day, and even though it was fifteen years ago, the muscles I pulled in my neck still act up when I'm Trying Too Hard.

I have to go to the chiropractor to help it, which I just hate so much. I had the only bona fide panic attack I've ever had on the the way to my first appointment. But I keep going because it's the only thing that helps. I usually cancel about three appointments for every one I make. I wondered aloud with dear Dr. Mark just yesterday: "Do you think other people feel about church the way that I feel about the chiropractor? Like they can hardly make it here, and when they do it's torment the whole time, but they just keep coming because afterwards they feel so much better?"

3) Who took care of your boo-boos when you were a child?
Thanks mom!

4) Are you a good nurse when others have boo-boos? I tend to be alarmingly laissez faire about others owies. When Eli was small and would fall down, I would congratulate him instead of cuddling him. It worked out ok, but sometimes I think I could be a little nicer. Worst moment in my marriage so far: When DH broke his toe and swore a mighty oath and said "Ow! I broke my toe!" I said, "Oh, stop being such a baby!" Sorry, honey.

5) What's the worst accidental injury you've suffered? Did it require a trip to the Emergency Room? Well, there was that time I broke my toe (lots of broken toes at Casa Juniper, I guess) at the high school graduation party. But we just took the whole party to the ER, so it was kind of fun, actually. Lucky....

No comments: