Thursday, March 13, 2008

Friday Five (Last week)

What have you seen/ heard this week that was a :

1. Sign of hope?
Crocus and daffodils! Everywhere! I've been intermittantly irritated, like you are, with the guy who had this house before, but geez, that man could plant bulbs.

2. An unexpected word of light in a dark place?
A woman determined to overcome a current health issue, the result of an accident.

3. A sign of spring?
I keep looking at puppies and kittens on petfinder.com - how about you?

4. Challenging/ surprising?
I just got the order of worship for Maundy Thursday from the music director who put the service together and it's 17 pages long. This seems pretty long to me, like it might inadvertently become Easter Vigil, too.

5. Share a hope for the coming week/month/year....
Looking forward to getting to watch lots more tball in the weeks to come. I have a weird affection for tball, which is astonishing when you consider how deeply, deeply boring it is.

Bonus play... a piece of music/ poem guaranteed to cheer you?
Pretty much any time men dress in nun outfits and sing, it cracks me up. Remember when Inner Dorothy sent around the Hallelujah chorus in December? This is ridiculously lowbrow, I know.

1 comment:

Auntie Knickers said...

Last year for our anniversary we went to see some friends of my husband's in "Nunsense: Amen!" where all the nuns are men...even though I think the RCs in the audience "got it" more than we did, it was great fun.
I'm glad to see there's someone else who's occasionally late with Friday Five!