Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Things I'm Noticing Lately, Part One

Even though I've dropped off the face of the earth as far as the dear Chicken Fat blog is concerned (and it's true, I have not been dieting at all), I still am trying to eat a LITTLE better. We've been traveling quite a bit lately, which means more fast food than usual, and I lean toward getting a salad. No matter which fast food joint you drive through, a salad comes in it's own special bag, in a sturdy plastic plowl (plate plus bowl), with individually wrapped forks and napkins and also tiny packets of dressings and toppings, all individually wrapped. I know that eating less beef is probably good for old Mother Earth, and I'm certain it's good for old Mother Juniper, too. But all that packaging certainly cannot be at all good for anyone. Does anyone know of any studies doing a cost/benefit analysis of the danger to the planet of ordering a heavily plasticly packaged vegetarian meal compared to a ordering burger in a single paper wrapper?

No comments: