Monday, April 10, 2006

A Walk for Peace and Healing - Saturday, May 20

I've been looking for a way to express my dismay about the this war, in a way that is consistent with my belief in non-violent action, has a real and positive impact and can include my whole family. Here it is!

SNOW (Sound Nonviolent Opponents of War) is sponsoring a fundraising “walk for peace and healing” on May 20th at Green Lake from 1-4pm. The goal is to raise at least $50,000 in order to bring an Iraqi child in need of specialized medical treatment for war- related injuries to a Northwest hospital. This effort will be coordinated with No More Victims, an organization experienced in medical sponsorship and related issues.

I have agreed to walk around the lake on May 20 th to show my support for helping an Iraqi child. Would you join in this effort by sponsoring me? A donation of $10 or more will ensure that we reach our goal. Checks should be made out IHC (International Humanitarian Center, our fiscal agent) with SNOW written on the memo line.


If you'd like to contribute, you can email me at rev - dot - brownell - at - gmail - dot - com. For more information, or to find out how you can walk, check out the website: www.walkforpeaceandhealing.com

No comments: